Monday, October 03, 2005

Dreaming in Japan

Most of the dreams that I have and remember are based on my day. So far here, and especially on weekends, very little of my day is spent actually having conversations with people in English. Most of my day is in Japanese (or French, if I am spending time with Perrine and Marie, the French girls) or with no verbal conversation at all. Also, though I get to talk to a lot of people on instant messenger, I don't get regular face time with people that I know well. Everyone here is like a stranger, though that's fading already and won't last long.

For these reasons, there is very little that my subconscious is familiar with to use to make my dreams. Because of this, it has been falling back on strange things. I've had three separate dreams now with characters from tv or movies. Last night, I was hanging out with the characters (not the cast but the characters) from Friends! Just like they were real people and were friends of mine. I think Chandler even got up oon my face about something, hoping that I would believe him, or something. If they get really weird, I'll start keeping a dream journal. But for now, they are normal weird, just different.

 
Google